There was a time when people thought that toilet paper was the most revolutionary invention for safe cleaning after using the toilet.
But now we know that washing with water and using a bidet is a much hygienic and safer option compared to using toilet paper.
And when it comes to women’s bidets, they need to have features like the oscillating wash, feminine water spray, air dryer that make them easy and comfortable to use.
In this post, we are reviewing these 5 best bidets for women that have some great features and are easy to use for women.
- TOTO SW3056#01 S550E Electronic Bidet Toilet Seat
- Brondell Swash 1400 Luxury Bidet Toilet Seat
- Bio Bidet BB-1000W Supreme Elongated Bidet Toilet Seat
- VOVO STYLEMENT VB-4100SR Electronic Smart Bidet Toilet Seat
- ALPHA JX Elongated Bidet Toilet Seat
Features To Look Out On A Women’s Bidet
If you are a woman looking for the right bidet to suit all your needs, then you should make your decision based on certain features that will affect how convenient the bidet will be for your use.
These include the following:
● Separate Front And Rear Wash Modes – Bidets meant for use by men only usually have a single nozzle as they only need to wash their rear.
However, when it comes to women, they need to wash both the rear and front areas.
Bidets for women accommodate that by having separate nozzles for the two.
Often, the front part of the bidet wand is made with an upward curve to ensure that the water reaches the right area.
● Oscillating Feminine Wash Feature – If a bidet does not have separate washing nozzles, this is the most feature to look for to ensure that a bidet is safe for use by a woman.
A common cause of vaginal infection and UTIs in women is contact between the vaginal and anal areas that cause anal germs to reach the vulva.
That is why women are told to always wipe from front to back.
The same applies to washing using a bidet too.
Bidets for women usually have a feminine wash feature which ensures that the oscillating wand sprays water from the front to rear direction only.
● Retractability – Splashback is quite a concern for women as it can bring their private parts in contact with their own urine or dirty water.
That is why you should look for a bidet that is retractable.
That way, you can have it retracted while you are relieving yourself and then extend it to wash.
● Spray Type – Bidets for rear washing usually spray a strong jet of water to thoroughly clean the area.
But such a strong flow can hurt a woman’s private parts as the tissue there is much more delicate.
So, you must ensure the bidet you are buying has a softer or aerated spray mode if it employs a single nozzle.
If it employs separate nozzles, then the front nozzle should use the aerated spray speed.
● Sitting or Squatting Type – Bidets can be of both the sitting type like commodes or the squatting type like toilet pans.
If you are not used to using squatting toilets or are pregnant, postpartum, or have some other issue, go for the sitting types.
Attachable bidets are also available that can be installed on your commode itself.
● Temperature Control – Water temperature can play a huge role in vaginal health and comfort.
Warm water is especially soothing during periods or postpartum.
Whereas cold water helps relieve inflammations.
● User Presets – Nowadays, you can find smart bidets with memory space to store a preset user preference for washing.
Thus, you do not have to worry about setting and controlling the bidet every time.
Just save your preference and you will get the preset washing sequence, temperature, water force, and any other controllable feature at the press of a single button.
● Autoclean – For women, it is a concern whether the water coming from the bidet is clean or not, especially in regards to whether there has been any splashback.
From yourself or others who used the toilet before you.
To be free of such worries, just get a bidet with the auto-clean feature so that you can use a clean bidet.
Many bidets will even clean the toilet bowl too.
● Dryer – This is more a luxury than a necessity. You may go for a bidet with a dryer if you do not want to wipe yourself off with toilet paper.
A dryer can be beneficial in that toilet paper cannot completely dry the area and wetness can cause yeast and bacterial infections.
5 Best Bidets For Women
Here, we have made a list of the best-selling bidets in the market right now:
Toto is one of the most acclaimed names in the bidet market.
Its bidets are known for being well-thought-out for the convenience of women.
The SW3056#01 has a range of features that make it the top model in the Toto range.
From warm water and auto-clean feature to automated lid movement and pre-installed light, it makes washing a luxurious experience.
Some of its noteworthy features are as follows:
● Comfortable wash every time: The SW3056#01 provides a constant stream of warm water instantaneously without requiring you to wait.
The Air-in Wonder Wave feature infuses the water stream with air bubbles for a delicate wash.
● A hands-free experience: The lid has an automation feature where it opens by itself when a user approaches and closes when they depart.
Plus, there is a remote controller that allows you to change settings without touching any part of the bidet itself.
● A focus on cleanliness: The Toto bidet uses the Pre-mist feature to wet the toilet bowl walls before every use to prevent any waste from sticking to them.
It also has an EWater+ feature to clean not only the inside and outside of the wand but also the toilet bowl itself after every use.
● Made for the hygienic woman: The bidet has five spray settings that allow you to get exactly the kind of wash you need.
It also features oscillating and pulsating wands for an all-around, thorough clean every time.
● Preset references for a one-click wash: To make it easier for frequent users of the toilet, the bidet allows you to set and store two user preferences so that you do not have to adjust the settings every time you go to the toilet.
● Comfort and convenience all the way: The bidet features seat warming, a nightlight, and a warm air dryer to give a fresh, clean feel every time.
Brondell is fast becoming the go-to brand for luxury bidets for the modern home.
Its bidets are made keeping the smart homeowner in mind.
It comes with advanced functionality that will make you never want to go back to wiping again.
Armed with every modern feature to make washing a luxurious affair.
Its range of features include the following:
● Continuous warm water for continuous comfort: Forget having to wait for the water to heat up or to suddenly be greeted with a cold jet when the hot water runs out.
The ceramic core water heating system employed by Brondell ensures a constant stream of warm water for as long as you need to wash.
● Top-tier features for a savvy bathroom: With the Swash 1400, you have full control over how you want the wash to be.
You can modulate the water temperature, toilet seat temperature, wash pressure, and air dry force to ensure a wash that is perfect for your preferences.
● The perfect angle for the perfect wash: The Brondell bidet features an oscillating nozzle that can be angled at seven different positions.
This ensures that no matter how you sit, how your body structure is, or how you prefer to be washed, the bidet will have you covered.
● Automation at its best: Not only do you get a wide range of features but you can also control them precisely into limitless user combinations.
You can program them as you like and create a one-touch auto mode for said preference.
● Dual nozzle for the right wash every time: Brondell’s bidet features dual steel nozzles so that you can get the right wash for the right deep without having to adjust yourself on the seat.
● A picture of sophistication: The Swash 1400 also has a removable deodorizer and blue LED nightlight for that extra touch of sophistication in your toilet.
Moreover, the sleek shape of the bidet ensures that it looks perfect in your modern bathroom.
Bio Bidet is the perfect choice for those who want a sophisticated yet robust bidet for their toilets.
The brand is known to deliver on both fronts for the demanding customer.
The BB-1000W is a perfect example of Bio Bidet’s mastery.
It combines functionality with looks and creates the perfect bidet for the smart bathroom of a modern home.
Its range of features includes everything from complete temperature variation to advanced wand and nozzle control.
Check out all its features:
● Full control over water flow: The BB-1000W comes with highly controllable water flow.
You can choose from three types of washes – posterior, feminine, and vortex “enema” wash, as well as different nozzle positions to reach just the right part.
● Bubble infusion for a gentle wash: The bidet employs bubble infusion technology to make its water jets gentler.
This ensures that the stream does not hurt the delicate parts of a woman during a wash.
● Variable water flow modes for maximum comfort: With the BB-1000W, you can enjoy a constant water stream or switch to the oscillating wide clean or pulsating “massage” stream for some extra comfort.
● Temperature control of everything: Most bidets offer the feature to control the temperature of the water stream only.
But Bio Bidet BB-1000W takes it a step further.
It allows you to control the temperature of not just the water but the seat’s warming and the drying air too.
● No more embarrassing odors: Odors are a big source of shame for a lot of people using the toilet.
But Bio Bidet saves you with its powerful deodorizer that gets rid of 90% of any odors.
● Saving the environment in every way: We all know bidets help prevent deforestation by reducing the use of toilet paper.
But the Bio Bidet goes the extra way with its smart power-saving mode that reduces power consumption.
VOVO brings some of the most modern and feature-loaded bidets to the market for savvy customers.
If you want value for your money, VOVO is one of the best choices for you.
With the VB-4100SR, you will get every feature designed to help women keep their privates clean.
It takes care of your comfort as well as hygiene while the bidet itself fits in perfectly with the classy look of your smart, modern bathroom.
Its best features include:
● Different washing modes for different needs: The Vovo bidet features a ripple nozzle in its stainless steel wand, one for posterior washing, one for feminine washing, and finally, the Turbo Wash that works like an enema.
Pressing the button for the first two twice activates rhythm mode while the Turbo Wash starts from the lowest pressure and can be adjusted as you go.
● Self-cleaning for a clean wash every time: The bidet has an auto-clean feature that washes the nozzle after every use.
This ensures that every user gets clean water even if there had been splashback the last time.
● Freshness throughout the experience: VOVO’s bidet packs in an air dryer to leave you feeling fresh every time you use the toilet.
Not only that but the deodorizer also keeps the air fresh after each use.
● Control temperature for optimum comfort: The VB-4100SR allows you to control the temperature of the seat, water, drying air.
That way, you can ensure that no matter what your preferences for warmth at each level, you will definitely get it.
● Nightlight for the nighttime urge: An aesthetic, ambient LED light that comes with the bidet ensures that even if your light is not on, you will find your way around and go in the right place without stumbling.
● Energy-saving mode for a healthy environment: With the VOVO bidet, you can now reduce wastage of electric power by switching to the power-saving mode with one click only.
Alpha has some of the best-selling bidets in the market.
This can be attributed to its refusal to compromise on quality or sturdiness when making state-of-the-art bidets for the modern household.
The Alpha JX bidet seat is no different.
It is a complete package that does its work well without faltering for ages while looking stylish as ever.
The brand markets the product as a significant improvement over tank-type bidets.
It is loaded with features but without the gimmick.
The features you get are:
● The perfect looks with a perfect body: Unlike most bidets that have a bulky body but an otherwise flimsy seat, making it break after a few months of use, Alpha flips this trend on its head.
The body is made slim but sturdy while the lid is made thick and strong o last a lifetime.
● Tankless heating for constant warm water: The bidet employs tankless heating which ensures that you can get a constant stream of hot water at a constant temperature without being surprised with sharp temperature changes.
● Green technology for a secure future: Alpha JX employs energy-efficient technology to prevent energy wastage.
Its photo-sensitive power-saving mode helps prevent energy consumption when not in use.
Similarly, the tankless heating system ensures that water is heated only during use.
● All the necessary features in one: Like any good bidet, the Alpha JX packs in all the features you need – separate rear and feminine wash, nozzle position control and oscillation, temperature adjustment of the water, drying air, and seat, adjustable spray pressure, self-cleaning, and LED nightlight.
● Aerated spray serves a double purpose: The water stream from the Alpha JX is mixed with air bubbles.
This serves the dual purpose of making the streams have a nice, soothing effect while saving up to 40% of water.
● One-touch modes for easy cleaning: Making tons of adjustments each time you have to use the toilet can be tedious.
That is why Alpha inserted two buttons into the bidet for a one-touch function.
The Easy Wash mode does a full, high-pressure rear wash with oscillation while the Wash & Dry mode employs the water stream and then air-drying automatically.
For more details, check out this link. (link to Amazon)
Benefits Of Using A Bidet For A Woman
There is a misconception among people that bidets are harmful for use by women because they can cause infection and inflammation.
This is absolutely not true. In fact, bidets can solve many of the problems women used to face earlier when using toilet paper.
● Safer And More Hygienic Than Toiletpaper – The world is quickly realizing that washing is far more hygienic than wiping after doing either of the deeds.
Wiping leaves wastes and germs in the area while thorough washing cleans you entirely.
Moreover, if the toilet paper somehow got dirty before you used the toilet, you would unknowingly use that part on yourself, smearing all the dirt and germs on your private parts.
Bidets solve this problem entirely.
● Less Wear And Tear To Delicate Tissue Than Toiletpaper – Wiping has another disadvantage. The surface of toilet paper is rough and can cause micro-tears in the skin.
This will result in any germs on your skin entering the internal tissue. With bidets, not only is this prevented but you can also control the water pressure and prevent hurting yourself.
● Lowered Chances Of Infections And UTIs – Even if you wipe from front to back, there always remains the chance of your anal germs reaching your vulva.
But using a stream of water from a bidet to wash ensures that every drop of water that touches your area is untouched before and will not reach any other part of your area.
● Soothing For Inflammation And Hemorrhoids – Wiping already can cause soreness in the delicate tissue of your privates.
If you have inflammation or hemorrhoids, then the area would be even more sore and sensitive.
Wiping can be uncomfortable to downright painful in these cases.
But a low-pressure water flow in a bidet not only prevents further pain to the area but also soothes some of the soreness.
● Easier Washing During Menstruation – Whether you use pads, tampons, or menstrual cups during your periods, you cannot prevent some mess, especially on particularly heavy days. Wiping increases the mess and takes too long to clean up.
With a bidet, you can just wash up the area in one go. This is not only cleaner but also more comfortable.
● Comfortable For Pregnant And Post Partum Women – It can be challenging for women in their last trimester of pregnancy or right after giving birth, especially when they opted for C-section.
If they went for a natural birth, then wiping can be painful because the area is sore, especially if there were tears. Bidet is far more palliative in these situations.
How Should A Woman Use A Bidet?
If you are using a bidet for the first time, it can be pretty confusing.
But, bidets are actually quite easy to use.
Here is how you do it:
1. The first thing to do is see if the bidet has an auto-clean function.
If yes, make sure you run that before using the bidet.
If there is no such option and you do not know for sure if the bidet is clean, run a bit of water over it just to be safe.
2. Next, sit or squat on the bidet, as its type may be, facing the bidet controls. This is how you always ensure that you are facing in the right direction to wash.
3. Set the temperature, water pressure, and any other functionality you want.
4. Now choose the style or mode of washing according to whether you went for number one or two or both.
If you went for any one of these, you will choose the respective washing mode only. If you went for both, remember to wash from front to back for a single oscillating nozzle.
If there are two nozzles for the two areas, remember to wash them separately.
5. If the bidet has a dryer, dry yourself with it. Otherwise, use toilet paper to wipe yourself dry.
6. If possible, ensure that you clean the bidet once for the hygiene of the next person who will use it.
The world is quickly warming up to the idea of using bidets for better hygiene and comfort.
It cannot be denied that washing has many pros over wiping with toilet paper.
Besides the obvious benefits to yourself, you also do not have to be disgusted by the idea of soiled toilet paper remaining in your house in your indoor trashcan until you empty it the next day.
And we hope that this article on the best women’s bidets was helpful in deciding the bidet that perfectly fits your needs and budget.
So switch to a bidet today. The ones we have listed are some of the best and will make your choice easier.
● Is a bidet safe for a woman?
Contrary to popular belief, bidets are actually safer for a woman than toilet paper.
It reduces the chances of UTIs and inflammation, is much more hygienic, and is more soothing and comfortable, especially when your parts are sore for some reason.
● What kind of bidet should a woman buy?
It is always preferable for a woman to buy a sitting type bidet or the type that can be attached to a commode.
The reason is simple – most women go through menstruation and pregnancy.
Sitting is more comfortable and safer during these times. And if you are a senior citizen, squatting will be out of the question.
● Are bidets cost-effective?
A bidet may cost you more upfront than toilet paper, but in the long run, it saves you much more money.
Plus, it reduces the amount of waste generated due to toilet paper usage.
● How do women dry off after using a bidet?
Women can dry off themselves using a bathroom towel or toilet paper. However, if your bidet has warm air dryer, then you can use that to you can use to dry off the water.