Hygiene is one of the few things in life I do not compromise with.
Despite that, I was dependent on toilet paper for all my toilet-related needs up until a few years ago.
I was not happy with what I was using, especially knowing how wasteful TP was. But I had no choice, at least until bidets gained popularity in the US.
And when they did, I rushed to get one and I have not looked back ever since.
Back then, there were barely any choices in the market. But now, there seems to be an overwhelming amount, which makes many confused.
Not all of these products are good but I am sure you can find the perfect one for you amongst them. But in order to do that, you must narrow down the list first.
One of my favorite companies when it comes to bidets is Bio Bidet (BB).
And they have a lot of products. In this article, I will be focusing on the Bio Bidet A8 and Bio Bidet 1000.
Having a thorough understanding of what each of these products offers will help you determine which one suits your needs the best.
About Bio Bidet A8
The A8 is a premium bidet available in the current market that sells thousands of units every year.
That is because it offers advanced features, such as a high-quality hybrid water heater, wireless remote control, stainless steel nozzle, wand, etc.
Available in both round and elongated shapes, it has excellent temperature and pressure control settings that provide a wonderful experience to the user.
In fact, its heated seat, hands down, happens to be one of my favorite features.
Aside from that, it comes with a powerful warm air dryer, which functions in turbo mode.
It also has a night light, which, although not a necessity for my toilet, is something I am used to from using other bidets at this point.
*click on the video to play/pause
About BB 1000W
The BB 1000 is also a mid to high-end product from the same brand. It comes with a tank-type water heater that sprays warm water for about half a minute.
One of the most attractive features of this bidet in my book is its amazing water pressure settings.
It provides the highest pressure and contains an enema mode, meaning it cleans up thoroughly while being super gentle.
Its pulsating spray only aids the experience further.
*click on the video to play/pause
Bio Bidet A8 VS BB 1000W: The Differences
From the above sections, it must be pretty clear that the A8 and BB 1000W have some advanced features, making them excellent choices.
But this only makes your job of finding the right one for your bathroom harder. Thus, you need to know the differences between them to have a clearer picture.
|Price||The A8 is 100$ more expensive than BB 1000. The A8 is a higher-tier bidet, but not enough to justify the price difference||If your budget is limited, you should go with the BB 1000.|
|Shape||The Bio Bidet A8 only comes in a single shape – elongated, while the BB 1000 is available in both rounded and elongated.||If you have a preference for round bidets or think it would suit your bathroom better, go for the BB 1000. Otherwise, you are free to choose between the A8 and BB 1000.|
|Nozzle type||The BB 1000 comes with a single three-in-one plastic nozzle, while the A8 has a single two-in-one stainless steel nozzle.||If you are looking for better durability and hygiene when it comes to bidet nozzles, A8 is the way to go. But if you need better functionality, especially for pulse and enema modes, stick to the BB 1000.|
|Heater type||The A8 has an advanced hybrid heater, while the BB 1000 has a standard tank-type heater with limited volume.||For an endless supply of warm water, I recommend opting for the A8.|
|Night light||The A8 has a night light while the BB 1000 does not.||If you require night light as a feature, the A8 is, of course, better. Otherwise, the BB 1000 works fine.|
|User presets||The BB 1000 does not allow you to save user presets, while the A8 does.||If you live alone, you have no use for the presets feature. Thus, the BB 1000 would pose no problems. But if you have a roommate or partner, you will like the preset function in A8 better.|
For me, personally, the nozzle in each type of bidet is what makes all the difference. In the BB 1000, you get a single 3-in-1 nozzle, while in the A8, it is a single 2-in-1 type.
You can also find a distinct difference in the type of remote control. The BB 1000 has a simple, large remote that you can mount on the wall.
But the A8 has a flat double-sided remote along with an LED screen. Other differences include the presence of a night light in the A8 and the absence of the same in BB 1000.
Aside from that, the BB 1000 comes with a regular warm air dryer, while the A8 has a powerful turbo dryer. The heater in the former contains a tank water heater, while the latter is of a hybrid type.
Pros of Bio Bidet A8 VS BB 1000W
Both the A8 and BB 1000 models from Bio Bidet are excellent fits for most bathrooms. Ever since their launch, they have been a hit amongst bidet users.
And that is because of the superior features they offer, especially when compared to other bidets in the market. Below I will list a set of pros that impressed me with each of these bidets.
That way, you will also be able to judge, based on your preferences, which one is the best for you.
● The Bio Bidet BB 1000 comes in both round and elongated shapes. Thus, you have the choice to pick one, depending on your bathroom aesthetic. Its sleek design only aids this.
● The BB 1000 has a pulsating mode that makes the experience more comfortable for users. The enema mode also helps with effective cleaning while soothing irritation.
● The warm air dryer in the BB 1000 is pretty advanced and allows you to modify the temperature as per your needs.
● The Bio Bidet A8 comes with a single two-in-one nozzle made from stainless steel. Although it is less functional than the three-in-one plastic nozzle in the BB 1000, its material makes it far more durable and hygienic.
● The A8 has a hybrid type water heater that incorporates modern technology to allow a nearly endless supply of warm water.
● The A8 also comes with an efficient turbo warm air dryer, which gets the job done in seconds.
● The A8 has user preset settings, meaning you can save your preferences (of up to two users) for every use.
Cons of Bio Bidet A8 VS BB 1000W
Despite the A8 and BB 1000 being excellent choices for your bathroom, each of them has some drawbacks.
It is just as important to know about these since this will give you the complete picture.
Below I have listed all the things I consider to be cons for each of them.
● The Bio Bidet BB 1000 comes with a standard tank-type water heater, which is not as efficient as the hybrid type.
● The BB 1000 also contains plastic nozzles, which are not as durable as stainless steel ones. Besides, they are also not as sanitary.
● With the BB 1000, you cannot save any user presets. That means every time a different person uses the bidet, they will have to reconfigure the settings.
● The BB 1000 also does have a night light, which can make it difficult for older users and people with vision problems to navigate. That feature is an industry-standard by now. So, personally, I prefer using bidets that come with the light.
● The Bio Bidet A8 is only available in an elongated design, which may not suit some people’s tastes. Personally, it does not matter much to me, however, since I am all about that elongated sleek look.
● The A8 lacks a pulsating and enema mode. So, if you or someone in your house is suffering from bowel problems and related irritation, the experience might not be as good.
● There is no feminine cleaning mode in the A8 as well. So, anyone with female genitalia will have to take special care in washing from front to back to avoid the risk of infections
As you can see from the above article, both the A8 and BB 1000 have their pros and cons. But one cannot definitively say one is better or worse than the other.
It all comes down to personal preference and what you would like in your bathroom. So, consider all the aspects mentioned above and decide for yourself!